Please note that although the Guitar Pro 5 tabs on this site can be opened in other applications, such as TuxGuitar or Guitar Pro 6 & 7, many crucial aspects of the tabs will look and sound incorrect/glitchy in these programs, including certain kinds of slides, bends, whammy articulations and markers/text. It is highly recommended that you use the most recent version of Guitar Pro 5 to open the tabs, which is v5.2 on Windows (Mac and Linux versions may differ).
Free & Open Source
- TuxGuitar | Tablature editor and player, supports Guitar Pro files
- Sonic Visualiser | Visualise and manipulate audio in real-time
- Notepad++ | Advanced text editor for ASCII transcriptions
- Audacity | Audio editor and recorder
- Free Audio Converter (fre:ac) | Quickly convert audio to/from any other format
- WinSCP | FTP client
- CutePDF Writer | Produces high-quality PDF files by acting as a physical printer
- Guitar Pro 5.2 | Tablature editor/player (Discontinued, although hard copies may still be available in some places)
- Guitar Pro 7 | Tablature editor/player
- Amazing Slow Downer | Manipulates audio in real-time
- Transcribe! | Manipulates audio in real-time
If you need something tabbed, feel free to contact me for a request. There’s a higher chance of me accepting requests if they’re for bands/genres which are already represented on my site.
Note that these tabs span 16 or 17 years (as of 2021), and my earlier tabs are something of an embarrassment. If you find any particularly awful tabs and you need an updated version, or if the tab in question is simply a couple of years old, fire me an email (or contact me via one of the means listed above). In the meantime, I’m very slowly working my way through my collection and making things more presentable, and in most cases I’m just retabbing the songs entirely from scratch.
Also worth noting is that this site is the only place where my tabs are maintained; if you find them elsewhere, chances are they’re severely out of date, and in most cases were published without any input from me.
I’d appreciate it if my tabs aren’t re-uploaded to places like Ultimate Guitar. I used to be active on sites like that, but chose to leave when the owners made some questionable ethical moves. I never charge for tab requests, but leaving my tabs in my control is a great way to repay me!